Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunshine, discs, beers, Aflicktion

Still in Denver! Camped out at the very friendly neighborhood KJ's Coffee Bar for the morning. Lot's of work to get done. Ugh. It's lovely outside and I want to steal Christian's bike and enjoy it. Maybe this afternoon.

In more important news, yesterday was full of fun adventures in Fort Collins! Christian picked me up at the frisbee fields as Carrie and John were dominating the first round of their tournament. The drive was short, but we still needed to stop at Johnson's Corner for cinnamon buns.

When we arrived, Christian went for a ride on his mountain bike while Ben, Kaydence and I did work because we are not as cool. But once Bailey and her boyfriend arrived we had snack time and headed out to enjoy a brand new disc golf course. It was pretty flat, but once the trees grow up it will be more interesting. Of course, just because they're only 5 feet tall doesn't mean I didn't hit one on every other hole.

From there we went to a super cool bar/coffee shop/bike shop called Cranknstein. Lots of local brews, great atmosphere, good coffee. They also serve a beverage which is Great Divide's Yeti stout with a shot of espresso. I did not get it, but sampled Ben's, it was quite tasty. It was there that Sam and Angie met up with us and we headed to an Indian buffet for dinner. I ate too much. It was great.

Spent the night back in Denver at Christian's place, where I will be tonight as well. Next train out is 7:30am tomorrow. It's the long one: 33 hours! Gonna stock up on snacks today. Try to minimize food from the cafe car.

Alright, readers, time to get back to work. The more quickly I finish what I need to do, the sooner I get outside! Stay tuned for more adventures!

2 comments:

  1. i love a stout with a shot. At Radio Bean in Burlington, they call it the $5 shake, and it has maple syrup on top.

    ReplyDelete