Thursday, October 18, 2012

San Francisco (day 1)

It was a lovely day in the Bay Area today! I more than made up for my long train ride by walking around 12 miles with my monster work computer in tow. First there was work (boring!), then lunch at Fisherman's Wharf! Huge sourdough bread bowl filled with clam chowder. I love sourdough. A lot. After that was some more work (again, boring!), but then I had some time to walk along the bay out to the Presidio and back.

There were lovely vistas during all this, and of course the weather made it that much more pleasant. I was a little toasty wearing pants, but overall a successful day. My train tomorrow doesn't leave until 10pm, so I will have another equally lovely day wandering in other parts of the city. Golden Gate Park? Haight-Ashbury? Who knows!?
Lunch!

View of Fisherman's Wharf and surrounding area from the Public Pier

Did you guys know that I like bridges?

Well I totally like bridges!

1 comment:

  1. Super-great blog man. Train pictures were especially good, as is the image of two old people waving at everybody the train passes. Come blog all over Sweden please

    ReplyDelete