Thursday, October 18, 2012

California Zephyr (part II)

Yes, this is delayed, but I needed some time to look through the 75 photos I took during my ride through the Rockies, the dessert and the Sierra Nevadas to see which deserved to be displayed publicly. Here they are, unedited (because I'm lazy). This is the reason I took the train. It may have been 33 hours, but you don't get views like this on any other mode of transport.

The foothills outside of Denver

Snow-capped peaks of the Front Range 

 One of 48 tunnels in the Tunnel District

The Colorado River, which we followed for 250 miles

Change of rock type and namesake for Colorado itself 

 Sunrise in the Nevada desert

The only halfway decent photo from the Sierras (the sun was always shining on the window)

The California Zephyr at its final destination in Emeryville, CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment