Friday, October 12, 2012

California Zephyr (Part I)

An hour and a half outside of Chicago and already it's cornfields as far as the eye can see. I'd better get used to it because I think that's all I've got on this 18 hour ride.

This morning was uneventful. Got stuck doing work stuff so I didn't get out to do any sightseeing. But that does give a good excuse to get back to Chicago sometime soon! As a sidenote, Union Station in Chicago is much less appealing architecturally than all other Union Stations I've been through. Pretty plain.


The cell signal on this train has already been spotty, so I don't think I'll get much work done. Good thing I've stocked up on TV shows: seasons 1 & 2 of Boardwalk Empire, season 1 of Homeland, and seasons 1-3 of The Sopranos. I think that should hold me over.

In other news, Princeton, IL appears to have no traffic lights, one truck depot and corn. On the upside, a bunch of people got off the train and now I have a row to myself!

Time for a few more spreadsheets before the network dies. More from Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment